Friday, November 1, 2013

My Grandma aka An Incredibly Amazing Woman

thankful for grandma

November begins The Thankful Project blog challenge with Kenzie at Chasing Happy. It is a 28 day blog challenge to cultivate an attitude of thankfulness, especially leading up to Thanksgiving. I have wanted to do a blog challenge for a while and I thought this would be a great one to work on. Her topics are real and the first one especially had me in a place of gratitude.

Today, is Day 1 of the challenge and the topic is 'a person.' It took me know time at all to know exactly the person in my life that I am most thankful for. She is kind, smart, strong-willed, loving beyond anything, and my grandma.

I look up to her. She has dealt with some incredibly terrible situations in her life, but has been strong and persevering. I really admire her strength. Not only is she incredibly strong, but has a heart of gold. She would do anything for anyone at the drop of a hat. No matter anyone's needs, she will be the first to help.

She has been a solid, foundational person in my life. No matter what venture or ambitious I set out to achieve, she was behind me 100%. She would come to my games, band concerts, pageants, and so on. If I had a sewing project or a crafty need, she was there and more than willing to help me and extended her creative thoughts.

I am not really sure she knows the impact she has had on my life (she will now, she reads my blog). She is always there and always steps up when I need someone in the hardest times. Grandma, you truly are a gem and I am immensely thankful for your tremendous love and compassion. You inspire me daily and I hope that I may one day be a grandma as great as you.

3 comments :

  1. How sweet! I'm really close to my grandparents, as well, and they've been hugely influential in my life. Your grandmother sounds like an amazing woman :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing! I'm also part of The Thankful Project this November and would love to read more of your work as the month progresses!

    You can check out my blog at elliecoburn.com if you'd like! Wishing you all the best!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that your grandma reads your blog! haha.

    ReplyDelete