Monday, November 4, 2013

Weekly Wishes


Hello world!! You know what day it is...Monday. And you know what that means? Weekly Wishes with Melyssa at the Nectar Collective...oh yea. Well, a part of motivating link-up is participant art (the above picture) based on a theme. The theme this week is warmth....I thought I would do some explaining of this...umm..weird picture.

The picture was taken in Cordoba, Spain outside of the Mezquita (mosque). It was kind of chilly that day, until the sun decided to grace us with its presence. I was collecting my 'Spanish glow' as my friend captured the picture. Laying outside with the warmth of the sun shining on my face is probably one of the most enjoyable things.

Last Week's Wishes                                                                                                                        

I promised to post a picture of my Halloween costume. I had way too much fun with costume! So back to weekly wishes....Last week was a success. I wanted to create a bedtime routine to have a more relaxing sleep. I now take a warm bath, use Bath and Body Works Sleep lotion (love it!!), and read before bed. It is something I now enjoy doing and have to be conscious about making time for it. I also wanted to visit the Cleveland Public Library for the first time. Our professor was sick on Wednesday which made for a perfect day to go to the library and get a library card. It is a beautiful library! Lastly, I wanted to swap blog buttons. I was able to make 2 swaps and have one more lined up. If anyone is interested, I am looking to do more!

This Week's Wishes                                                                                                                        

Pick a 5k/start training. Sometimes I get on these kicks to crazy, spontaneous things....like running a 5k in the winter. Well, I hope to pick one out this week and start training for it, as well. Any tips for not hurting myself while running in the cold?

Start saving money. Well, I have two huge money suckers coming in the near future. I have payments for a service trip to Nicaragua in May and paying for my ticket to see Wicked in December! Yay so exciting, but not excited about spending horribly huge amounts of money.

Finish my book + Start a new one. Currently, I am reading The Happiness Project. I am in love with it and I would love to finish it this week because I have another book I would like to move onto, 20-something, 20-everything.

Happy Monday! 

5 comments :

  1. Hey! Just stopping by from Weekly Wishes! Strange as I talked about sleep routines and reading more in mine too. Good luck with your week, also I'm interested in swapping buttons if you fancy it.

    Lyndsay xx
    Www.fizzypeaches.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHEN ARE YOU SEEING WICKED because I'm going December 22nd!!
    Can't wait to Skype tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thee are all great goals!! 1) I've been wanting to find a good 5k to start to train for myself, so let me know if you find one. :) 2) I really need to hop on the money saving train too...I want to go so many places...yet have so little money!haha. Wicked was amazing though and I'm sure you'll absolutely love it! It was truly one of the best shows (if not THE best) I've seen. 3) I've been wanting to read The Happiness Project!! Perhaps this will be on my upcoming Weekly Wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved The Happiness Project! Such a fun book, I loved reading about what research has found makes us happy in all these different little areas of life. I think my biggest takeaway was the whole 'Be Gretchen' thing - doing what you like and what makes you happy, not what makes everyone else happy. How about you? What do you love about it? :)

    ReplyDelete