Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 in Review

via
I feel like the older I get, the faster time flies by. Honestly, I cannot even believe it is the end of 2013. I remember anticipating this year and being excited about what it had in store. I had some pretty big plans for 2013 like studying abroad and living in Cleveland. The experiences I had over the past year have presented me with opportunities to learn more about myself. 2013 was a year of tremendous growth and discovery of my passions and purpose in life.

Study Abroad.
Since 7th grade Spanish, it was my dream to one-day visit Spain. Spring 2013, I studied abroad in Seville, Spain. I never thought in a million years that my sophomore year of college I would be in Europe. It was incredible (I want to keep this brief so I won't go into much detail, but here are some posts.....here, here, here). I had the opportunity to live with the most amazing host parents, see breathtaking sunsets, develop my Spanish, meet new people and travel to 10 different countries. I will be forever grateful for that experience, it was the most amazing way to kick off my twenties, 2013.......and my life.

Summer.
The time following my study abroad experience was difficult. I wanted to pursue my next adventure...I wanted to be out of my small town. Instead, I babysat my two little sisters (here) and, in June, began this blog. It started off as Passionately Curious and, now, Permeating Purpose.

Urban Semester Program.
After being away from campus for spring semester, I was off-campus the following semester for an Urban Immersion Program . In Cleveland, I lived  in a house with 9 other students, completed 5 courses (all in the living room) and finished my first internship with a non-profit organization. This experience helped me grow as a person, learning a lot about how I communicate, what my strengths and weaknesses are and discover a new interest in Urban Planning and Development.

Good News.
My time abroad has instilled in me a passion for traveling, experiencing new cultures and meeting new people. As soon as an international opportunity arose, I leaped at the opportunity. I was accepted to a service trip in Jinotega, Nicaragua teaching young children English in May 2014.

An Election.
Elections for the new 2014 Alpha Gamma Delta-Alpha Iota officers were held at the end of Fall semester. My sisters voted me President of the Alpha Iota chapter of Alpha Gamma Delta. I am honored to hold this position and look forward to being a leader and role model to my sisters.


Well, I am going to enjoy my time back on campus with my sisters and friends next semester. I hope to start accomplishing some of my goals for this year (here). It is going to be a busy year, but I am excited and looking forward to what this next year may bring.

I wish you nothing but the best this New Year!

1 comment :

  1. I didn't know you were president of your sorority- CONGRATS! That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete