Saturday, December 28, 2013

21st Birthday: This Year's Goals

via
It's that time of year again....my birthday! Oh yes, the big 2-1. I'm looking forward to moving into my twenties and the new year! Here are 21 things I would like to accomplish this year:

1. Enjoy some time to myself: reading, napping, shopping, walking, watching movies, etc.
2. Eat better
3. Make mistakes...admit it was a mistake, learn from it, and move on
4. Drink beer and be merry
5. Find an internship
6. Leave the country (doing this in May- Nicaragua)
7. Volunteer
8. Workout 3-4 times a week
9. Conduct 10 informational interviews (to get a grasp on the field and my interests)
10. Conquer a fear (not sure which one....I really don't like heights..maybe something with that)
11. Figure out what I'm doing with my summer
12. Tell people more often that I appreciate and love them
13. Keep practicing Spanish
14. Plan a weekend trip to a big city like NYC or Chicago (taking the Megabus or greyhound)
15. Write letters to my family and friends
16. Stop and enjoy the little moments
17. Complain less, do more
18. Listen
19. Be thankful
20. Journal and blog
21. Have fun

What do you hope to accomplish this year?

2 comments :

  1. You should look into Fun Bus if you want a cheap trip into cities like Chicago and NYC. It kind of sucks because you leave at night and are supposed to sleep on the bus & I never can...but then they drop you off and you have a certain amount of time to explore the city. Then they pick you up again and you "sleep" on the bus on the way home. The one to NYC was only $99, so if you ever want to do the Chicago one, I'm game!! :) I know that you can also take a train to Chicago. It probably costs more, but I've ridden on so many trains in Europe that I just kind of want to do it here in the U.S. as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday my dear!!

    ReplyDelete