Monday, October 21, 2013

Weekly Wishes


Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by to check out my weekly wishes! I hope you had a great weekend and have a wonderful week ahead. If you need an extra boost of motivation for your week, check out Weekly Wishes at The Nectar Collective.

Well, this week's Weekly Wishes Participant Art theme is creativity. When I was studying abroad in Seville, Spain, I was an English teaching assistant for a 6 and 10 year-old class. It was an incredible experience working work those silly kids who blessed me every week. They were such a joy and just tickled me to death when they spoke in Spanish. I chose this silly picture of them from our very last day together because I think children are especially creative. They are so full of life, love, and just pureness that overflows into their every day lives. Every week, they were teaching me something new. These are my creative kiddos.






I didn't do weekly wishes last week due to school priorities, but I did complete my wishes the week before! I wanted to find some time to read. I was able to find some alone time a few nights before I went to bed to start The Happiness Project by: Gretchen Rubin. I am really looking forward to diving into this book and also starting 20 Something, 20 Everything. My other two goals were to hang out with my housemates and do fall activities. I was able to knock out both at the same time. We made caramel apples, drank cider, and made candy corn door decorations. Fall is simply the best.


Blog + Do some bloggy stuff. I have kind of neglected the blog lately because of school and midterms and all that fun stuff. I really want to dedicate some time this week to writing posts and doing some stuff around the blog. I revamping the whole blog soon (name change and all!!! Really exciting!!) and want to prepare a few more things for that. I also want to spend some time looking at your blogs because I really enjoy your posts! Lots to do in the blogworld and hopefully I can dedicate the time to it this week!

Get my costume together. I can't spill what it is, you will have to stop by next week for the scoop. But I need to get it together because I have a Spooky Science days event this Friday at the Science Center that I am volunteering for!

Catch up with some old friends.  Lately, I have felt really compelled to catch up with old friends from high school. I miss them and this week is as good as any to catch up with them!

Phew, that is a lot of wishes, but I am really looking forward to working on them. Have a wonderful week and good luck with your wishes!

Happy Monday!



4 comments :

  1. Good luck with your goals this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i heard about happiness project. i always thought it was affiliated with zappos' delivering happy. the 20 something, 20 everything sounds interesting too. let me know how you like it! maybe i'll put it in my book queue. are you making your costume or just finding different pieces and putting it together? i always love seeing custom ones rather than the ones you buy from party city. i still have no clue what i'm going to be this year. best of luck with all your weekly wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your wishes. Its so nice to catch up with old friends and have a giggle about things in the past as well as planning for the future. Have fun! :)
    Becky
    www.beckybrown91.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture you chose this week to highlight the theme of creativity. :)

    ReplyDelete