Tuesday, October 22, 2013

5 Dream Destinations {Guest Post}



Hi there readers of Passionately Curious!  I'm Lisa, a pal of Courtney's, and I blog over at Améliorer la Vie about beauty, travel, and life in general.  Courtney and I both participated in study abroad programs through our respective colleges and obviously both blog, so when we get together we chat for hours about both of those subjects.  We thought it might be fun to do guests posts on each other's blogs about our top five travel destinations, so here I am to tell you about five places I would one day like to visit! 


A place that I've always been dying to go to is to Machu Picchu in Peru.  My uncle, who married a Peruvian woman, showed me pictures from when he hiked to the top.  I just think visiting these ancient Incan ruins would be very worthwhile for the history, mystery, and breath-taking views!

via

Another place on my list is to go back to Tuscany.  I've already been to places like Florence, Siena, Cortona, and Pisa and loved every minute of my time there.  I left utterly enchanted with the art, scenery, architecture, and charm of these cities/towns and would jump at the chance to go back again.  I would also like to check out places like Lucca, a walled city worth exploring as well as San Gimignano, a medieval town famous for its towers.

via

Although I've been overseas quite a bit, I haven't gotten a chance to explore that many places in my own country!  One such place that has been on my list of places to go to is Seattle, Washington.  A really good friend of mine spent several years living there and raved on and on about how she thinks I will like the city a lot.  When I think of Seattle, I think of the grunge movement and Pearl Jam as well as Starbucks, but some sites I would want to take in would be Pike Place Market, the Space Needle, and Chihuly Garden and Glass, which is an indoor/outdoor exhibition.

via
It has been one of my long time dreams to celebrate Carnival in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.  I had the opportunity to visit Venice, Italy for Carnevale, and it was a truly great experience.  The pictures I see of the festivities always blow me away because the costumes are so wild and creative.  I hope that one day I'll have a chance to go and see this spectacular event in action!  


Via

Costa Rica has always been one of top travel destinations, mainly because it seems to have it all: bustling cities, relaxing beaches, and tropical rain forests...not to mention that adventure tourism is huge there.  I've been holding off on going white water rafting and zip lining because I want to do those things in Costa Rica one day.  :)

via


What are some of your top travel destinations?

post signature

5 comments :

  1. Love this swap, Courtney and Lisa! Machu Picchu is on the top of my list, especially after I read Pablo Neruda's The Heights of Machu Picchu :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I haven't heard of that book! I will check it out now, though--thanks for mentioning it.

      Delete
  2. Costa Rica is incredible! There is just no other words for that country. I definitely left a big piece of my heart there. I would also loooove to go to Machu Picchu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's funny that three out of my five picks were in Central and South America. I have wanted to go to Costa Rica for a very long time, so I'm glad to hear from other travelers that it is amazing as it appears.

      Delete
  3. I've been to Costa Rica... it's great!!! You would love it, Court!

    ReplyDelete