Sunday, October 13, 2013

Alpha Gamma Delta Bid Day 2013


Oh, how I love those Alpha Gams so deep, deep so down, down in my heart! 


Sorority recruitment season is a tough, but exciting time! Unfortunately, I was unable to participate in formal recruitment week because of the program I am doing, but I was able to see Bid Day! 

Bid Day is a long day for us, Alpha Gams, at my University. We wake up at 6 or so in the morning to attend an event for our philanthropy. Alpha Gamma Delta supports the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF). Every year, the organization host a walk-a-thon event at the zoo. We volunteer to assist with the morning's set-up, snacks, etc. It is an early morning that makes for a long day, but it is always a good time hanging out with other Gams and supporting JDRF. 

Say CHEESE!
After a morning of volunteering, we head back to campus to prepare for our new Alpha Gamma Delta sisters. It was so exciting to all of my AGD sisters and enjoying such an exciting time. I rarely get to see them this semester because of my program off-campus so getting to hang out with them for a day is such a treat! Chanting our hearts out, welcoming new sisters, and getting nutty makes Bid Day the best. This year, we welcomed 26 new members to our sisterhood! Below are some pictures of one of the best days of the year.

My little, Deanna, and I







To my new sisters, I have not had lots of time to talk or get to know you, but I am so happy you are a part of the Alpha Gamma Delta sisterhood. This is going to be such a rewarding and special part of your college experience. I can't wait to be back on campus next semester and hang out with all of you! I hope you have a wonderful fall semester with all of your new and wonderful AGD sisters. We truly are a family and so happy you are apart of it, now.

Our 26 new AGD sisters
My sorority sisters are an important part of my life and my college experience. I am so thankful for their incredible support and love. Always, Alpha Gamma Delta. 



2 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness!!! Hello Fellow Alpha Gam sister!!! I am actually an Alumnae now but I still miss everyday of it and still have dinner with sisters! I miss the crazy, amazing time of recruitment and Bid Day!! I am from Epsilon Psi chapter at the University of Texas at Dallas. I love finding sisters from across the US! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss my sorority days so much gahhh. Congrats on a successful Bid Day though :]

    ReplyDelete