Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Summer Bucket list: Run a 5k (preparation)

Last summer, I felt that all I was doing was working to save money for Spain. I spiced up my summer by making it my goal to run a 5k. Knowing it would be a challenge for a non-runner, I found a training program called Couch to 5k. Over a course of 9 weeks, I prepared for a local race; which led to a 3rd place finish in my age division.

This summer, I have decided to do it again with Couch to 5k. As of right now, I am completing week 6 and looking forward to finishing the program! Below, I have my running essentials that have kept me fresh, healthy, and ready to run.

5k Training Essentials

5k essentials


  • Tennis shoes. I am an avid Nike fan for running shoes. A comfy pair of tennis shoes can make a world of difference during and after your run. Take care of your feet. 
  • Running shorts. I love Nike running shorts; however, if you get chub rub when you run I recommend capris. 
  • Wick-away t-shirt. It is made of breathable fabric to help keep you cool. 
  • Sports bra. Hold those girls up. You do not want them bouncing along with you.
  • Wick-away socks. They help keep your feet dry to avoid blisters.
  • Sunglasses with a strap. You can avoid squinting in the sun and your sunglasses from sliding down your sweaty nose. You do not want to keep pushing your glasses up your nose. 
  • Ipod. Keep your mind off running by jamming to your favorite tunes.

Do you have any products you cannot run or train without? 

No comments :

Post a Comment